Sunday, April 17, 2011

Moving from Cruises Inc. To CruiseOne

I’ve had the good fortune the past couple of years to be associated with the Cruises Inc. organization and the many unselfish agents under its umbrella. As Blue Marble days go, a transition to their “franchise version” sister company CruiseOne, was really not on my radar, at least not for several years.

Well, I need my radar serviced because here I am, a newly minted CruiseOne owner. I soon discovered that I’d fallen into equally good fortune again to now be in the company of unselfish CruiseOne franchise owners.

With this change in venue, I am taking the opportunity to focus personal attention on expedition and exploration travel, activity more aligned with the Blue Marble theme and my particular professional background. While I’ll still represent all of the major cruise lines, I just wanted to do something where I could weave my biology and marine science underpinnings and 30 years working in various environmental disciplines into the fabric of this new CruiseOne enterprise.

Therefore, in the coming months I will be evaluating potential travel partners who practice the established global tenets of sustainable tourism for both land based and cruise oriented exploration travel to promote to my clients. Also, one person won’t be able to do it all so I will be bringing on Associates with diverse travel industry backgrounds and experiences to support our client’s varied needs.

Finally, I’m returning a favor to one of those unselfish CruiseOne franchise owners I reached out to early on in this transition. In the near future I’ll be creating sort of an “Associates” incubator for travel professionals, experienced or new to the field.

This will be an opportunity for like-minded individuals who share my vision of helping people to see the Blue Marble as few will ever see it and to do so with travel partners who possess the greatest respect for and exercise care during their visits to sensitive ecosystems as well as historical and cultural destinations. And that these Associates will ultimately move on to establish their own travel agencies, consultancies or careers with sustainable tourism as a core business value.

They may even find themselves one day as a newly minted CruiseOne owner.